Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

Patience



Isn't that truth?

I'm finding it hard to be patient this go around. I think the first time with Adiah I was just kind of clueless about the whole process. I mean, I knew that at some point I'd be finished with our paperwork. I knew that at some point we'd get a call about our little girl. I knew at some point we'd travel to go get her. They say ignorance is bliss and in this case I think it's a tiny bit true.
With Rhett, we found him as we were paper chasing so his sweet picture was in my mind as we were finishing up and it felt like time flew. It only took us 11 months from applying with AWAA to being home with him. Crazy fast!
However this time.....I think I know whats on the other side. The excitement of finishing up. The excitement of the call. The excitement of knowing the one God chose for our family. The excitement of traveling to get our sweet one. And so I'm finding myself thinking ahead too much. Not being in the moment and enjoying the process. And I don't want to look back on this time and not think of it fondly.

So today....I choose peace. I choose a good attitude. I choose to be in the moment. I choose to look forward with excitement as we go down this road to....whoever God has for our family. I choose to trust Him with that.

In other news, we finished up our home study visits on Saturday. We may need to add a few things because Emily is living in Tennessee for college right now but hopefully it won't hold us up too much. After our home study report goes through several people for corrections, etc then we get to apply with the govt for our approval to move forward. Exciting times, people! We're working our booties off over here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment