Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2016

What's next?

Before we talk about anything else lets just take another look at our little sweetie.....



*sigh*.........
He's just too precious. And I'm so thrilled that we can actually share his photos and tell you a little about him.

His name right now is An Fu Rui. He lives in Guizhou, China. An Shun City to be exact. We found that An means "peaceful" and Fu means "blessing" and so we chose to keep those two names in his new name. Just like we did with Rhett and Adiah. So Micaiah James AnFu Woods. And I can't wait to get him home and start the journey of us learning about him and him learning about us and all the fun stuff in between.

So now that we've been approved by getting our LOA you'd think we can just hop on a plane like yesterday, right? For those who followed along with our other adoption journeys then you know there are a few more steps to take before we can go. Thus, the estimated mid August to early September travel time frame.

I found this handy dandy graphic floating around the world wide web that *sort of* explains what all happens during a Chinese adoption process.



We are currently on step 9. Yesterday I mailed off our I800 application which is basically our immigration application to bring home this specific child. Once approved steps 10-13 kinda happen with out me knowing much. They kinda happen behind the scenes. Which is weird but hey....can't change it.So I'm thinking late July or early August before we get Travel Approval. That's just a guess.

BUT OH the paperwork that now we get to do in order to prepare for travel. And by that I mean starting this morning after I get done typing this I'll be up to my EAR BALLS (yes, I made that up and in my head it sounds awesome so I'm keeping it right there) in paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. I ate my breakfast, took my greens and vitamins, did my stretches so now I'm ready. I can do it!!!

Kai is so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment