Pages

Friday, August 5, 2016

Ok, this just got REAL!!!



This morning I was for sure convinced that we would receive Travel Approval. Like for sure.

I know. This is a pattern for me.

I know that our agency always checks the website where China lists their TA's every morning after their corporate prayer time. So by late morning with no call I was convinced that we'd have to go through another weekend with no news or knowing when we were leaving. We were told that it could take anywhere from 1-4 weeks to receive TA after our article 5 pick up (which for us was August 1) but I'd been seeing a trend that alot of people with our agency were getting it faster. I decided instead of pouting and scouring the internets for ANYTHING related to travel approvals I'd get out of the house with the little kids and run errands. As I walked into Target at 1:30pm my phone rang and it was someone from our agency letting me know our TA had arrived and they were busy trying to request a Consulate appointment for our time in China!! 4 days after our Article 5 pick up!! I couldn't believe it! Adiah, Rhett, and I did a huge happy dance right there in the Rubbermaid section of Target!! We were a sight!

So here is what I know today. Since its Friday and we can't get a confirmed Consulate Appointment until Monday (or Tuesday) we can't really book flights. But if it goes like they think it will we will be leaving on August 24th for China and we will get Micaiah on August 29th! Eeeek! Like...that means we leave in 19 days!

We are not even going to talk about the fact that school starts for my school aged kids on August 22 and for my college kid on August 24th. And that she needs to move into her on campus apartment on August 21. Not eeeeven going to talk about it.

We are truly praising God for this huge news and trusting how all the details will get worked out! He is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment