Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Six days



We're getting there folks. Because the kids school starts two days before we leave the Superintendent of the school suggested we "un-enroll" them and then "re-enroll" when we return. So that part is all worked out. Emily will move her stuff into her dorm on Sunday and fly home Monday so she can go with us. Some of her professors are giving her work to do while gone. So that part is worked out too. So now? I'm packing, looking at the projected weather forecast, repacking, and trying to get stuff ready for school so when we get home it won't be as stressful! We are getting Kai's carseat and booster seat for the table all set up along with his bed and toys. It's getting real.

If I'm being honest I'd have to admit that I am exhausted. A good kind of exhausted but still.

Realizing that everything is about to change and wishing I could just sit down and enjoy the things that are our truth right now. There is a certain amount of chaos that comes with traveling and adopting. Bringing our kids is going to be a true joy but also adds just a tiny bit more planning to the whole thing.

But then I think of Kai. And I realize that EVERYTHING is about to change for him. His truth will never be the same. I'm glad for that. He'll be a son. He'll be a brother. He'll be home. But I'm also sad for his little heart because until he knows that being loved by a family is better for him he will grieve and be so scared. I'm praying that God is preparing his heart and mind for all of this. I trust that He is. And that we will be able to comfort him and that he will accept us.

I'm excited. I'm scared. I'm tired. But I'm so blessed to be where we are.

We're coming, Kai.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amy I'm in tears out here!! Love your family and love your heart! Praying for y'all!!! May it be a perfectly wonderful, peaceful transition for all of y'all and especially for that precious baby boy!!!

    ReplyDelete